Experienced racers, experienced track day drivers and graduates of the PPIR PDX2 track day school are invited to participate in Pikes Peak International Raceway Open Lapping Days. Open Lapping Days provide racers track time and the opportunity to gain experience on our multiple track layouts at PPIR. Please visit the PPIR calendar.
In order for an Open Lapping Day to take place, a minimum of 10 drivers pre-registered is required or a $1,000 minimum. If the minimum is not met at least 2 business days prior to the scheduled Open Lapping Day, the event will be canceled. Open Lapping is also offered during all Performance Driving Xperience programs at PPIR (drivers looking for open lapping during a PDX program day will be placed in the PDX1 open run group). Racers can register for Open Lapping days by calling the Track Manager, Jared Thompson, at 719.382.7223 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shakedown laps / bedding in brakes / suspension tuning / non-full speed testing may be available Monday through Friday during business hours. A rate of $100 per hour is applicable with a 2-hour minimum. For raceway availability contact the Track Manager.
There is NO open lapping available for karts or motorcycles.
August 25th, 2017 is the only scheduled open lapping day for motorcycles (MRA or other official motorcycle sanctioning body road-racing license required and full racing gear). If you are interested in open lapping / testing for motorcycles outside of the dates above, the facility may be rented. The renter is responsible for rental fees, ambulance fees and providing event liability insurance. For all information, availability and pricing regarding a facility rental please contact the Track Manager at email@example.com or call 719.382.7223.
OPEN LAPPING DAY POLICIES:
- Gates open at 8am, and the track is hot from 8am until 4pm.
- The track may or may not go cold for a lunch break from 12:00-1:00pm (depending on the day / schedule).
- Gates will be closed at 5 pm.
- All persons (drivers, crew, and observers) must sign the PPIR waiver form prior to entering the track.
- Pikes Peak International Raceway will not inspect vehicles prior to entering the racing surface--It is the responsibility of each individual to make certain that his or her vehicle is track worthy. Any vehicle that is found to be leaking fluids, or found to be unfit for track use for any reason, will be removed from the track.*
- Anyone that enters the racing surface must be wearing a helmet (PPIR does NOT provide helmets). Helmets must be rated SNELL SA 2000 or better.
- Anyone who possesses a current racing license from a recognized organization; such as, NASA, SCCA, AMA, RMVR, PCA, BMWCCA, etc., or anyone who has graduated to the PDX1 level through the PPIR Performance Driving Xperience training program, is eligible to participate in Open Lapping Days.
- Anyone 18 and over that has successfully completed a track based driving school, and has written documentation of such, may be permitted access upon approval from the Track Manager.
- Individuals interested in getting on track that do not meet the above eligibility criteria for participation may enroll in the PDX3 program at PPIR. Check the PPIR calendar for upcoming PDX program dates.
- Instructors may be available for one-on-one driver coaching during Open Lappings Days. Instructors may be arranged for your Open Lapping Day by calling the Track Manager at 719.382.7223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See rates below.
- Any licensed racing drivers under 18 will be assessed by the Track Manager on a case by case basis. A parent or guardian must be present to sign a minor waiver, or a notarized minor waiver must be presented.
- NO PASSENGERS ALLOWED.
Track management reserves the right to remove any individual from the track for any reason. Reasons may include; contact with another vehicle, overly aggressive driving or any behavior that is deemed to be unsafe or unsportsmanlike. Only like vehicles will be allowed on the racing surface together. The track marshal will assign the run groups each day as required in order to maximize safety and track time. There will be no competition activities allowed on open lapping days.
- $150.00 per driver (full day rate)
- $100.00 per driver (half day rate)
- Instructor Rates: $225.00 half day / $375 full day
- Check the calendar or call 719.382.7223 for possible open lapping dates.
There will be NO food and beverage service or GASOLINE for sale on open lapping days, please plan accordingly.
Ice is available for sale upon request.
Overnight and short-term storage is available: please contact our Track Manager Jared Thompson at email@example.com or 719.382.7223
No alcohol or illegal drugs are allowed on premises.
Restrooms and showers will be open and available until 4:30pm.
*No refunds will be given in the event of rain, leaking fluids, removal from track due to unsportsmanlike, unsafe conduct or aggressive driving, or anything else that PPIR deems a danger to the track and/or those around the track.