COVID-19 Update April 16, 2020
PPIR family and friends, we hope you are staying healthy, safe and home. We continue to closely monitor the situation, as well as review our schedule on a week-to-week basis. Currently, we plan to keep the original dates of our 2020 festival-style events. Please stay-tuned to this page and our social platforms for any further changes or updates. We hope to see you soon.
COVID-19 Update March 26, 2020
Colorado Governor, Jared Polis, has issued an Executive Order to Coloradans to stay at home whenever possible due to the presence of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) effective through April 11, 2020. In support of this goal to protect public health and our vulnerable populations, especially within our community, Pikes Peak International Raceway has chosen to postpone or reschedule our motorsports events until it is deemed safe to invite our guests back to experience the track.
COVID-19 Update March 16, 2020
Pikes Peak International Raceway’s top value is our guest’s and staff’s health and safety. Given the current conditions of COVID-19, we have chosen to postpone or reschedule our motorsports events until after the week of April 6, 2020. Please stay-tuned to PPIR.com and our social platforms for any further updates.
COVID-19 Update March 13, 2020 for Pikes Peak International Raceway’s Track Attack and Off the Street Drags Series of Events
Pikes Peak International Raceway’s first priority is always the safety of our guests, participants and staff. We continue to closely monitor developments of COVID-19 and its impact.
At this time, we will continue to host our Track Attack and Off the Street Drag Series, however, we will adjust the schedule and event format to limit the attendance, including workers, of our events to less than 250 people as directed by the Colorado Governor’s office. In order to monitor and manage the attendance to our events, all participants and spectators (including children) will be required to pre-register online. There will be no admittance of drivers or spectators to our events who have not previously registered online.
The PPIR team is taking additional and proactive precautions with the cleanliness of our facility. Our staff continues to follow best practices directed by the CDC and ask that you do the same.
- We ask that all of our participants follow good personal hygiene and best practices including:
- Regular hand washing
- The use of hand sanitizer when hand washing is not available. PPIR is installing hand sanitizer stations for participant and staff use.
- Avoid touching your face or others
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Practice social distancing at about six feet away from one another
- For track activities that require DOT Rated helmets, it is strongly encouraged for participants to bring their own helmet and refrain from sharing. We will continue to provide rental helmets for $10 per Helmet. Rental helmets will be sprayed and wiped with disinfectant before and after rental use. A balaclava (head sock) will also be provided with each helmet
- We ask that anyone who does not feel well, or is experiencing flu like symptoms, to refrain from attending events.
Safety is our first value. Doing race car things with our race car friends, is our second. Please bookmark this page and follow our social platforms for continued updates and information on our events.
See you at the track!
Please note the following changes to upcoming PPIR Events:
*All events are subject to change due to weather or further COVID-19 developments.