Performance Driving Xperience Programs
Want to Test the Limits? This is an Xperience You Won’t Forget.
PPIR’s Performance Driving Xperience offers open lapping and track day training programs for drivers of all levels. Whether you are a seasoned racer, or are completely new to track driving and curious what your car is capable of in a safe and controlled environment—the Performance Driving Xperience has a program designed for you! Once you’ve achieved PDX1, you can participate in any Open Lapping or PDX1 track day at PPIR.
$295 per person
PDX3 is geared for drivers with limited or no track driving experience. Driving and classroom sessions will provide you with an understanding of vehicle balance, tire contact patches, driving line theory, anticipation, braking techniques, steering technique, passing etiquette, heel and toe downshifting if full manual transmission, and seating position. Throughout PDX3 drivers will transition between the race track and the classroom to cover topics and put that knowledge into action. The day has a crawl, walk, run format, starting with drills, followed by a Lead/Follow session on the 1.3 mile road course at PPIR to understand and learn the racing line. After learning passing rules and basic flags, you’ll have the opportunity for open lapping sessions with controlled passing rules. We will equip you with a radio in your car for the day, so you’ll get real-time instructor feedback as well as individual goals from the instructor so that you’ll get the most out of the day. Participants will receive a graduation certificate upon course completion, and will be eligible for PDX2.
$295 per person
PDX2 is for graduates of the PDX3 program who would like to further their knowledge of track driving and take their experience to the next level. After a short refresher on what was learned in PDX3, you’ll dive deeper into concepts of vehicle dynamics and load transfer. You will learn expanded passing rules throughout the day’s track sessions and drive in a passing drill session after lunch. As in PDX3, we will equip you with a radio in your car so you’ll get real-time instructor feedback and individual goals. You will receive a graduation certificate upon course completion and be eligible for PDX1 and Open Lapping days at PPIR.
$149 per person
PDX1 is essentially an open lapping day with optional driving instruction offered with advance registration. Only graduates of the PDX2, licensed racers and PPIR approved drivers are eligible to participate in PDX1 track sessions. PDX1 track sessions have open passing rules and are treated as typical racetrack test and tune sessions.
- Additional $225 for half day of one-on-one instruction
- Additional $375 for full day one-on-one instruction
Things to know before coming out for your PDX program day at PPIR!
It is important for your to be prepared for your day on the racetrack at PPIR in order to ensure a safe and fun experience! The following is a checklist to make sure nothing is overlooked or forgotten upon arriving at PPIR.
Vehicle Preparation: PPIR will not be inspecting vehicles prior to entering the racing surface. It is the responsibility of each individual to make certain that his or her vehicle is track worthy. The following items should be thoroughly inspected/set before arriving to the raceway:
- Tires in good condition (tread depth, sidewalls clear of damage, valve stems, etc.)
- Tire pressures are properly set (refer to vehicle manufacturer settings)
- All lug nuts are torqued and present (refer to vehicle manufacturer specifications)
- Hubcaps and trimmings (if not secured by lug nuts) are removed from vehicle
- No play in wheel bearings
- Minimal play in steering linkage
- Brake system in good condition (pads, rotors, lines, etc.)
- Fluid levels are set (Engine oil, transmission fluid, power steering, coolant, brake fluid, etc.)
- No fluid leaks from the vehicle of any kind
- Fuel level is set (Arrive to the track with a full tank! Refueling may be required during lunch.)
- Vehicle is free of loose items (including the trunk)
- Battery is properly secured
- No exposed electrical wires
- Hoses and lines are securely fastened and routed properly and safely
- Fully functional seat belts in good condition (factory stock or better required)
PDX Vehicle Eligibility: Vehicles NOT eligible to participate in PDX programs include, but are not limited to; go-karts, motorcycles, scooters, 3-wheel vehicles, side-by-sides, buggies, off-road vehicles, trucks, jeeps, 4×4 vehicles, and vans. The eligibility of a vehicle to participate in a PDX program is ultimately at the discretion of PPIR. Other vehicles that may not be allowed on track are older cars with inadequate brake systems (drum brakes) and/or safety features. If you are uncertain whether your vehicle will qualify to participate in a PDX program, please consult the PPIR Track Manager.
Convertibles: PPIR does not allow cars to drive in the PDX programs and track days that lack proper rollover protection. Any car with adequate factory rollover protection will be allowed to drive on track. A convertible car without adequate factory rollover protection will be eligible for track driving only if it is equipped with a track worthy roll hoop. The roll hoop can be bolt in or welded. PPIR highly recommends that cars using this type of rollover protection also utilize a five-point safety belt system.
Safety Gear: All drivers/passengers are required to be equipped with a SNELL SA rated helmet with rating of 2000 or newer. PPIR does provide loaner helmets for PDX3 and PDX2 students at no additional charge. No karting, motorcycle, or DOT helmets will be permitted. Open faced helmets are allowed. If the vehicle being driven is a racecar and/or equipped with a 5 or 6 point racing harness, PPIR highly recommends the use of a head and neck restraint device such as a HANS device or similar. PPIR highly recommends the use of SFI rated gloves, driving suit and racing shoes if a participant is driving a racecar.
Miscellaneous: Spending the day at PPIR for a PDX track day program is an amazing experience and we want everyone to be prepared and comfortable for your day at the track. To ensure a great experience, please review the following list in preparation for your visit at PPIR.
- Sunblock and a hat. We have plenty of sunny days at the track so don’t get burned!
- Warm clothes and a jacket. Depending on the time of year here in Fountain, CO, rain, snow, or just cold temperatures can move in quickly, so it is always good to be prepared.
- Food and snacks. PPIR does not provide lunch at the PDX programs unless otherwise specified. Bring a lunch or be ready to go-off site to grab a bite to eat during the lunch break.