Pikes Peak International Raceway Rules & Regulations
Safety First. And Last.
Welcome to Pikes Peak International Raceway (“PPIR”). The following information, rules and regulations will help make your visit enjoyable and will assist PPIR to better serve your needs. If you have any questions or problems during your visit, please contact our staff for assistance. By entering PPIR, you agree to be bound by these rules and regulations.
PPIR Main Phone Number: 719-382-RACE (7223), Track Manager/Event Coordinator, Jared Thompson 805-680-9150
- OFF TRACK EMERGENCIES: In case of an Off-Track Emergency: call 911 first, then call the PPIR Track Manager.
- ON-TRACK EMERGENCIES: On-Track Emergencies will be handled by on-site emergency service providers, if provided by your event manager. If no emergency service providers are on-site: call 911 first, then call the PPIR Track Manager. Your location is: Pikes Peak International Raceway, Fountain, Colorado, Interstate 25, Exit #122
- RISK ASSUMPTION: Motorsports activities may be dangerous and all persons entering Pikes Peak International Raceway agree to accept all liabilities and the risk of bodily harm and death in connection with motorsports activities, whether as a participant, official, worker, contractor, employee or spectator.
- WAIVERS: Prior to entering the Restricted Areas of Pikes Peak International Raceway, all adult and minor persons shall read, and if acceptable, voluntarily agree to and sign a Release And Waiver of Liability, Assumption Of Risk And Indemnity Agreement as provided by PPIR (the “Waiver”) applicable to adults or minors. Any person that does not agree to and sign the Waiver will not be permitted to enter the Raceway. All Waivers for minor persons shall also be signed by the minor’s parent or legal guardian. Restricted Areas include all of PPIR except as may be modified by the PPIR Track Manager.
- WRISTBANDS: Wristbands are not transferable. Anyone found removing their wristband and giving it to another person will be ejected from the premises.
- SAFETY EQUIPMENT: Participants are responsible for having and utilizing adequate vehicle and personal safety equipment. All vehicle, driver and passenger safety equipment shall be as is customary in the motorsports racing industry and as required by applicable motorsports sanctioning bodies. Said equipment must be in full and effective use at all times a vehicle is on track.
- VEHICLE CONDITION: Participants are responsible for their vehicle to be in safe and good working order at all times, suitable for on-track activities. Please do not allow any fluids to drip onto the track surface.
- FUELING: Do not fuel or run your vehicle inside the garage buildings – it’s a serious fire hazard. Do not store your portable fuel containers inside the garage buildings. Fuel may be available for sale at your event – contact your event manager for info.
- PADDOCK SPEED LIMIT: Keep all vehicle to a speed of 10 MPH or less when not on the race track.
- GOLF CARTS & SCOOTERS: All golf carts, scooters or pit vehicles shall not exceed a speed of 7 MPH and may only be operated by an adult. No minors are permitted to operate golf carts, scooters or pit vehicles.
- LOOK TWICE: Be on the lookout while in the pits and paddock – moving vehicles and pedestrians are everywhere. You are responsible for the safety of pedestrians, your safety and the safety of minors accompanying you to PPIR.
- GARAGE & RV SPACES: A limited number of Garage Spaces & RV Spaces (with 50 amp power) are available for rent. Please contact the PPIR staff to rent a space; and, concerning RV water/sanitary services.
- PAVEMENT DAMAGE: Do not drive or drill stakes into the ground or asphalt. Underground electricity and water utilities are everywhere. You are liable for utility and asphalt repairs.
- TRASH DISPOSAL: Trash barrels are located throughout PPIR. Please assist us in keeping the facility clean by using these barrels. Tires and vehicle batteries are not permitted to be disposed of at PPIR. Please take your tires and batteries with you when you leave. $25 fine per tire or item found left at PPIR.
- PARKING: All vehicles and trailers shall park only in areas designated by PPIR or event staff. All risks of vehicles or contents damage or theft remain with vehicles’ owners, drivers, riders and passengers.
- TRACK MODIFICATION: Only PPIR personnel are permitted to move any barriers, walls, crash barrels, tire barriers, fences, cable/chain barriers and bleachers. No modification or damage is allowed to any pavement, including painting of any kind.
- TOWER BUILDING ROOF VIEWING AREA: The Tower Building’s roof top viewing area may be available but is subject to restricted access or closure at any time. Chairs are not allowed on the roof. Do not stand on the rooftop equipment.
- SUITE TOWER ROOF: No persons are allowed on the Suite Tower Roof unless specifically permitted by PPIR.
- FLUID RECYCLING: No draining of vehicle fluids onto the ground is allowed. Please collect any vehicle fluids into an appropriate container and take the fluids to the PPIR provided recycles containers at the South Garage. State and federal laws hold you responsible for contamination of soils or groundwater.
- OVERNIGHT CAMPING: Overnight camping is not permitted on any track surface or in any building after hours, except for the South Garage with approval. Check with your event manager about after-hours facility use and re-entry to PPIR. $200 fine for anyone found to be violating the after-hours policies.
- PETS: Any pets must be kept on-leash or within a vehicle. No pets are permitted in any buildings except for service animals. You are responsible for cleaning up after your pet – Please Curb your Dog. A Dog Park is located inside Oval Turn 2.
- ALCOHOL: No Consumption of alcohol is allowed by participants until all the participant’s on-track activity is completed for the day.
- FIREWORKS: No fireworks shall be displayed or discharged at PPIR.
- FIREARMS: Unauthorized firearms or weapons are prohibited.
- MEDIA RELEASE: By entering the facility, you acknowledge and consent that your image, likeness, and/or voice audio and utterances may be captured, quoted, or recorded (‘Media”) and used by PPIR, without compensation, including but not limited to, the public and commercial use of said Media in printed, signage, television, radio, electronic and internet media.
PPIR reserves the right to eject from the premises any person that fails to abide by these rules and regulations.
Revised: April 2016 – These Rules and Regulations supersede any versions of a prior date.